MODE OF EXAMINATION
- Pre-school and Pre-primary sections will have no formal assessment, however, grades will be given for their activities.
- Classes I and above will have Two Unit Test/Periodic Tests, one Mid-term Examination and one Annual Examination.
- There will be no unit tests for General Knowledge, Moral Science, Art/Drawing and Work Experience.
- No one is exempted from these assessments and those who absent themselves without valid reasons and prior permission of the Principal will be awarded zero.
- Any possibility of giving a retest is obviously ruled out, as such a provision never exists.
- In place of Annual Examination there will be Pre Board Exams for Board Classes.
- General Knowledge, Moral Science, Art/Drawing and Work Experience will not fall in the examination schedule of other subjects. The teachers concerned are expected to conduct tests for these subjects and assign grades.
- For Moral Science and Work Experience, students can be given some relevant topics for preparing assignments and can be asked to make separate files. These assignments will be evaluated and grades will be given for the same.
RULES OF PROMOTION
- For all the classes, passing marks will be 33% per subject.
- Classes I to II will have a total of 100 marks adding up the marks of all the Assessment Exams. A minimum of 40% marks is required for promotion.
- Promotion for Classes I and above is based on the day-to-day work of the student throughout the year and also on the performance in the Main Exams.
- Weightage for the different assessments is mentioned in the report sheets.
- If a student fails to attend any examination due to a valid reason and at the same time deserves a genuine pass, the concerned parent is expected to meet the Principal a week before the declaration of the results.
- Once the result is declared, the office will not entertain any sort of discussion in this regard.
- Results of those students whose dues are not cleared in the office will be withheld.
- In all cases of promotion, the Principal’s decision is irrevocable.
© 2022 St. Michael's Senior Secondary School All rights reserved